1007 am CDT Sat may 30 2015
The Flood Warning continues for the Brazos river near Rosharon...
* until further notice... or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0931 am Saturday... the stage was 50.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 50.8 feet Monday morning
then begin falling on Tuesday.
* At 50.8 feet... moderate lowland flooding continues as minor flow passes
through the culvert near the Ramsey unit Prison Farm into Oyster Creek and
water flows over the flood plain into Oyster Creek.
Lat... Lon 2943 9549 2932 9552 2919 9552 2919 9563 2932 9566 2943 9561
flood observed forecast 6 am
location stage stage day time sun Mon Tue Wed
Rosharon 43 50.1 Sat 10 am 50.5 50.8 50.8 50.4
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Sunday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of southeast Texas... including the following
counties... Austin... Brazoria... Brazos... Burleson... Chambers...
Colorado... Fort Bend... Galveston... Grimes... Harris... Houston...
Jackson... Liberty... Madison... Matagorda... Montgomery... Polk...
San Jacinto... Trinity... Walker... Waller... Washington and
* Through Sunday morning
* a slow moving front will push into southeast Texas Saturday
afternoon through Sunday morning. Thunderstorms are expected
to develop along and ahead of the front during the afternoon.
A weak sea breeze will also develop and could possibly merge
with the front during the late afternoon. This scenario could
produce excessive rains along the Highway 59 corridor. Storms
will be slow moving and capable of producing 1 to 2 inches an
hour. General rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches will be
possible but there may be isolated areas of 4 to 6 inches. Any
rainfall amounts over 3 inches will cause flooding problems.
* Grounds are already saturated so any additional rainfall will
likely run off into bayous... creeks... rivers and lakes.
Typical low lying areas such as underpasses could flood
quickly with rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches an hour.
Additional rainfall could prolong river flooding across the
area. Heavy rainfall could occur overnight Saturday which will
increase The Hazards of flooding. If flash flood warnings are
issued in your area... do not drive into flooded roads or
underpasses. Turn around do not drown.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.